UNIVERSITY OF ZAGREB
FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION INTO THE FIRST YEAR OF INTEGRATED UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE UNIVERSITY STUDY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE IN ENGLISH
Veterinary Studies in English, Integrated Undergraduate and Graduate University Studies, duration 6 years, the academic title: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
I. Required application components:
– A completed Application Form, available at the VEFUNIZG administration office or on the following link: http://www.vef.unizg.hr/english/, with a proof of payment of the Application Fee in the amount of 50 EUR (non-refundable) paid to the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Zagreb payable directly to our account, not by a cheque;
Bank details: VAT No: HR36389528408, Name of Bank: Zagrebačka banka, Address of Bank: Zagreb, Savska cesta 60, Swift Code: ZABAHR2X, IBAN: HR1723600001101354554;
– Certificate of citizenship (for Croatian citizens) or a passport photocopy (for foreign nationals);
– Birth certificate;
– Two photographs 4×6 cm (not older than six months);
– originals or certified copies of their Secondary School Certificates (Degree Certificates for all the years of secondary school with subjects and grades) and the Final/Leaving Secondary School Certificate of education with official transcript of grades. Documents written in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian or Slovenian language are acceptable, with no need for translation to Croatian language.
Those who are in the last year of their secondary school studies by the application deadline can also apply, but only with the obligation to produce their certifications before registration to the University.
Applicants who have completed their prior education abroad are required to submit the decision on recognition of foreign qualification before admission; more information on:
www.azoo.hr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2702&Itemid=92 (can be obtained during the process);
– Certificates of higher courses or degrees (college/university), if any;
– Proof of knowledge of English language (one of the following: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)), unless prior education was in English language. Certificates issued by (foreign) language schools are also accepted, as well as certificates of English language proficiency issued by a secondary school a candidate attended.
– CV and a Motivation letter explaining the reasons to choose the Veterinary Medicine program and the choice of Faculty in Zagreb;
– certificate(s) proving their “hands-on” experience by working with veterinarians in the veterinary field (experience from the veterinary practices, farms, ranches, animals shelters, zoos, and/or other are welcome), if any;
– Medical certificate of general health status and psychophysical ability to study Veterinary Medicine issued by a general practitioner;
– Proof of knowledge of Latin language (one of the following: certificates issued by language schools, certificates of Latin language issued by a secondary school a candidate attended), if any.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
II. Deadline for application submission:
First admission term 15 January 2018 – till the available quota seats are filled or till 20 July 2018;
Second admission term 03 September 2018 – 20 September 2018. (In case available seats are left)
The Letter of Acceptance will be officially released within 10 days of receiving the documents for the first admission term and no later than 25 September 2018 for the second admission term.
Please send the documents to the following e-mail address:
In the subject line, please include the title: Admissions for English studies and your last name.
Applications should be also sent by post to the following address: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine University of Zagreb, Veterinary Studies in English, Vjekoslav Heinzel Street 55, 10 000 Zagreb.
For more information: