UNIVERSITY OF ZAGREB
FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO THE FIRST YEAR OF INTEGRATED UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE UNIVERSITY STUDY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE IN ENGLISH
Veterinary Studies in English, Integrated Undergraduate and Graduate University Studies, duration 6 years, academic title: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
I. Required application components:
– A completed Application Form, available at the VEFUNIZG administration office or on the following link: https://www.vef.unizg.hr/english/
– a proof of payment of the Application Fee in the amount of 50 EUR (non-refundable; excl. bank processing charge/costs) paid to the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Zagreb payable directly to our account, not by cheque,
Bank details: VAT No: HR36389528408, Name of Bank: Zagrebačka banka, Address of Bank: Zagreb, Savska cesta 60, Swift Code: ZABAHR2X, IBAN: HR1723600001101354554;
– Certificate of citizenship (for Croatian citizens) or a passport photocopy (for foreign nationals);
– Birth certificate;
– Two photographs 4×6 cm (no older than six months);
– Original or certified copies of their Secondary School Certificates (Degree Certificates for all the years of secondary school with subjects and grades) and the Final/Leaving Secondary School Certificate of education with an official grade transcript. Particular attention will be paid to the results obtained in hard science courses. Documents written in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian or Slovenian language are acceptable, and do not need to be translated into Croatian.
Those who are still in the last year of their secondary school studies at the time of the application deadline can also apply, but are obliged to produce their certifications before registration to the University.
Applicants who have completed their prior education abroad are required to submit a decision on the recognition of foreign qualification before admission; more information on:
www.azoo.hr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2702&Itemid=92 (can be obtained during the process);
– Certificates of higher courses or degrees (college/university), if any;
-Preparatory school certificate, if any;
– Proof of knowledge of English language (one of the following: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), unless the prior education was in English. Certificates issued by (foreign) language schools are also accepted, as are certificates of English language proficiency issued by a secondary school attended by the candidate.
– Proof of knowledge of Latin language (one of the following: certificates issued by language schools, certificates of Latin language issued by a secondary school attended by the candidate), if any;
– CV and a Motivation letter explaining the reasons for choosing the Veterinary Medicine program;
– certificate(s) or proof of their “hands-on” experience in working with veterinarians in the veterinary field (experience from veterinary practices, farms, ranches, animal shelters, zoos, and/or other are welcome), if any;
– Medical certificate of general health status and psychophysical ability to study Veterinary Medicine issued by a general practitioner.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
II. Deadline for application submission:
The first admission round opens on 1 December 2018.
The second admission round opens on 22 March 2019.
The third admission round will open on 26 June 2019 with a deadline of 12 July 2019.
Should there be any available places left after the third round, a final admission round will be held from 1 September 2019 until 8 September 2019.
Candidates will be selected based on their academic potential (grades, awards, etc.) and their personal experience.
Please send the documents to the following e-mail address:
In the subject line, please include the title: Admissions for English studies and your last name.
Applications should be also sent by post to the following address: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine University of Zagreb, Veterinary Studies in English, Vjekoslav Heinzel Street 55, 10 000 Zagreb.
For more information: